Shopify Developer | A Career Overview
As of 2021, 2,297 million websites around the world are using Shopify where merchants run over 1,000,000 businesses in 175 countries.
Who is a Shopify Developer?
A Shopify developer is a developer who is specialized to work in the development and customization of the Shopify Platform/stores.
As a Shopify developer, your primary role would be to develop an online interactive store on the Shopify platform and ensure that there is traffic so as to bring in sales. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the user who visits the store gets a seamless experience. You should also be able to generate custom Shopify themes and templates based on the required benchmarks. You are also required to frequently test websites and do the de-bugging as and when required.
Shopify Developer Job Responsibilities include:-
- Development of interactive and competent Shopify stores for driving sales and bringing revenue to the company.
- Collaborate with the UI and design team to develop an exclusive user experience for the client's user base.
- Integrate and ensure a seamless connection with marketing tools, Platform API’s and Shopify apps to optimize the store experience for our users.
- Monitoring performance and ensuring support and bug resolutions.
- Should be able to work in a team so that the desired targets are achieved.
Education and Required Qualifications:-
- Full-time Graduate in Computer Sciences (BCA, MCA, BE/ B.Tech in Computer Sciences)
- Sound knowledge of IT concepts and should be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good Knowledge of GraphQL, jQuery
- Demonstrable expertise in AJAX, Shopify, Web development.
- Expertise in SEO, Graphic design tools, Marketing strategists, Blogging is an added advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Has good analytical skills and can work in a time-bound environment.
- Is highly goal-oriented and have an eye for attention to detail.
- Should be able to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
The average salary of a Shopify Developer is 3.6 LPA and for experienced developers, it can go up to 10.6 LPA as per www.ambitionbox.com
. Most Shopify developers work as freelancers as it allows the flexibility to work with clients in India and Abroad with the hourly rates varying from $12 to $25 per hour.